Linklaters’ clients in Hong Kong rely on our expertise in areas ranging from banking & finance, capital markets, competition/antitrust, corporate/M&A, dispute resolution, employment & incentives, financial markets regulation, projects, private equity, and restructuring & insolvency.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Genting Hong Kong Limited on the successful restructuring of c.US$3.5bn of financial indebtedness and its c.US$1bn recapitalisation.
- Cathay Pacific on its HK$39bn recapitalisation proposal. The recapitalisation plan was proposed in response to a series of unexpected events, including the outbreak of the global Covid-19 pandemic, that have created significant challenges for the airline industry.
- Hong Kong Airport Authority on its five-year term and revolving facilities which will support the costs of the upgrade of the Hong Kong International Airport and construction of a new third runway.
- The joint lead managers on the Hong Kong SAR (HKSAR) government’s successful offering of the Rule 144A/Reg S US$2.5bn triple-tranche green bonds offering in 2021. This transaction represents Asia’s first 30-year sovereign green bond issuance and the longest tenor issued by the HKSAR government.
- Plus, a global provider of self-driving truck technology, on its proposed business combination with Hennessy Capital Investment, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) focusing on sustainable industrial technology and infrastructure industries. This is the world’s first de-SPAC transaction of an autonomous trucking technology company.
- The joint sponsors and underwriters on the global offering and listing of HUTCHMED (part of the multinational conglomerate CK Hutchison group) on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- The Futures Industry Association (FIA) and its members comprising of international banks, international exchanges, Chinese banks and futures exchanges on their submission to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) on China’s newly released draft futures law consultation.
- The lenders on the amendment and extension of two syndicated margin loans made available by a consortium of banks, respectively to the management and controlling shareholders of, Lenovo.
- Hammer Capital Consulting Limited on the HK$40.2bn debt financing for the purchasers of The Center - the world’s largest acquisition financing for a single-block commercial building.