Antitrust & Foreign Investment Managing Associate , London
“I am an international competition lawyer, having worked in the UK, New York and South Africa. I deliver expertise and innovative solutions to clients in all aspects of competition law, including domestic and global M&A, abuse of dominance, cartels, verticals/distribution and behavioural matters."
Education and qualifications
Sima is a managing associate who joined Linklaters’ London Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group in 2013. She brings her diverse background and varied expertise to clients in a variety of sectors, including financial services, payment systems and FinTech, rail, consumer goods, energy, pharmaceuticals and mining. Sima gained invaluable experience during her secondments to the competition teams at Visa and Unilever, which afforded her an insider view into the competition law needs of clients.
Sima’s recent experience includes advising:
- Unilever on unification of its dual-headed structure
- E.ON on a EUR43bn asset swap deal with RWE, involving distribution grid and customer solutions as well as renewables activities
- A mining client on various production, supply, profit sharing and distribution agreements
- A consumer goods client on a parallel trade audit of its business
- A leading investment bank in a successful defence against the European Commission’s antitrust case involving credit default swaps
- A number of financial institutions in relation to the Financial Conduct Authority’s market study into the investment and corporate banking sector and the asset management sector in the UK