Clients value our depth of experience of the Thai market. When you combine our local knowledge and experience with the firm’s regional and global expertise and resources, the offering is unparalleled.
Whether a deal involves international clients looking to invest in Thailand or Thai clients seeking opportunities abroad, we offer an unrivalled network that links the Bangkok office with colleagues around the world, providing clients with the global expertise needed to get their deals done.
Linklaters is best known in Asia for delivering the highest quality across the broadest platform. In Bangkok we advise across a range of practice areas including the full range of financing law: banking, projects, acquisition finance and real estate finance; all areas of capital markets, including international securities advice and structured finance; and our corporate/M&A team is recognised as a market leader for all disciplines, including private equity.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Casino Group on the €3.1bn sale of its stake in Big C Supercenter Public Company Limited in Thailand
- Ascend Capital Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of C.P. Group and True Corporation, on its acquisition of up to 70% stake in Buzzebees Co., Ltd., Thailand's leading e-commerce website and online media operator
- BTS Group Holdings Public Company Limited on its THB 9.404bn acquisition of 35.64% shareholding and warrants to purchase 100,043,438,606 ordinary shares in U City Public Company Limited, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Morgan Stanley Asia Limited on the THB 15,617,839,500 initial public offering in Thailand of up to 345,018,900 newly issued ordinary shares and up to 1,390,296,600 existing ordinary shares of par value THB 6.92 each of Star Petroleum Refining Public Company Limited by SPRC and PTT Public Company Limited, respectively
- CPF Netherlands B.V. on the US$680m acquisition of an integrated poultry business from Agro-Invest Brinky B.V.
- Morgan Stanley, UBS and Phatra Securities on the THB 62.51bn structuring and on both the Thai and international IPOs of the BTS Rail Mass Transit Growth Infrastructure Fund - Thailand’s biggest IPO ever and it is also the world’s third largest IPO in 2014
- Kasikornbank Public Company Limited (KBANK), Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and Export-Import Bank of Thailand (EXIM) on the THB 4bn acquisition financing where KBANK and ICBC will provide term loan facility and all three banks will provide working capital facilities to Phelps Dodge International (Thailand) Limited for their business in Thailand
- Khao Kor Wind Power Company Limited as borrower on the THB 3.212bn project financing for 60MW wind power project in Khao Kor and Tung Sa Moh, Phetchabun province, Thailand
Linklaters operates in Thailand through Linklaters (Thailand) Ltd, an affiliate of Linklaters LLP.