Corporate Partner, London
“I am a corporate partner who specialises in equity capital markets transactions of all types. I have helped bring a large number of companies to market through IPO where I provide commercial, user-friendly advice to clients transitioning from private to public markets.”
Education and qualifications
Tom advises on a broad range of ECM and Listing Rules driven transactions, including IPOs, secondary capital raisings, M&A financings, redomiciles, demergers, sell-downs and private placements.
He acts for corporates, investment banks, investment funds and other stakeholders across a range of sectors. He also provides general corporate advice to a number of listed clients.
A selection of Tom’s recent experience includes advising:
- Helios Towers on its proposed London IPO
- BGL Group (comparethemarket.com) and its shareholders on a dual-track London IPO and M&A process – culminated in the sale of a significant minority stake to a Canadian pension fund
- Underwriters on the London IPO of Funding Circle – the first IPO to be executed under the new UK IPO process rules introduced in July 2018
- Marwyn Investment Management and Wilmcote Holdings on a proposed reverse takeover of a US chemicals business and “accelerated IPO” financing
- Attestor Capital, Goldman Sachs, Och Ziff Capital and Taconic Capital on a pre-IPO private investment in Arion Bank
- Underwriters on the London and Sydney IPO of Clydesdale Bank and simultaneous demerger from National Australia Bank
- Sponsors on The Restaurant Group’s acquisition of Wagamama, DS Smith’s acquisitions of Interstate Resources and Europac and Melrose Industries’ acquisition of Nortek
- Underwriters on rights issues and other secondary capital raisings by Marks & Spencer, The Restaurant Group, DS Smith, Melrose Industries, BskyB, Aquarius Platinum and HSBC
- SAB Miller on the disposal of its stake in Tsogo Sun by way of fully marketed public offering
Tom spent two years in the equity capital markets execution team at a major US investment bank between 2013 – 2015 where he gained extensive business-side experience and was a member of the bank’s underwriting committee.
He also spent 18 months in the Firm’s Hong Kong office in 2012/13 and 6 months in the Firm’s Moscow office in 2006/07 where he advised on corporate and capital markets transactions in these regions.
Tom plays an active role in industry discussions on regulatory and practice developments in equity capital markets, including assisting the AFME group (Association for Financial Markets in Europe) with their adoption of new rules and regulations.