Counsel, Hong Kong SAR
“I am an energy and infrastructure specialist, with a particular focus on offshore wind and other renewable technologies, and ESG more broadly.”
Education and qualifications
Ying has more than a decade of experience advising on project and structured financings, project developments, joint ventures and acquisitions/disposals across the power and oil & gas sectors. Ying has been based in Hong Kong for over 9 years, and has advised on the development and financing of many significant energy and infrastructure projects across the region as well as acquisitions and disposals in this sector.
She was an integral part of the Linklaters team advising on the financing of all of the offshore wind projects in Taiwan that have been banked or are currently in the market. She has also advised / is currently advising on offshore wind and other renewable developments in Japan, South Korea and Vietnam.
Prior to Hong Kong, Ying was based in the firm’s London office for over 4 years. She has also spent time working in-house, including at a multinational energy supermajor and a leading Asian power developer.
Highlight experience includes:
- Greater Changhua 1 offshore wind project, Taiwan: advising a consortium of 24 financial institutions including Atradius, Export Development Canada, EKF, K-SURE and UK Export Finance on the ongoing project financing of the 605MW Greater Changhua 1 offshore wind project being developed by Ørsted in partnership with CDPQ and Cathay PE
- Changfang and Xidao offshore wind project, Taiwan: advising NEXI and K-SURE on the approx. US$3bn (NT$90bn) project financing of the combined 589MW Changfang and Xidao offshore wind projects (Project Finance Deal of the Year, FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2020, Asia-Pacific Renewables Deal of the Year, Changfang and Xidao offshore wind farm, PFI Asia Awards 2020)
- Formosa 2 offshore wind project, Taiwan: advising a consortium of 24 financial institutions including EKF, Credendo, K-sure and UK Export Finance on the US$2bn project financing of Macquarie Capital, Swancor and JERA’s 376MW Formosa 2 offshore wind project (Renewables ECA-backed Finance Deal of the Year, TXF Perfect 10 Deals of the Year 2019)
- Formosa 1 offshore wind project, Taiwan: advising a consortium of 12 financial institutions including EKF on the US$600m project financing for Ørsted, Macquarie Capital, Swancor and JERA’s 128MW Formosa 1 offshore wind project; and prior to that Ørsted on the acquisition of a 35% interest in the project (Offshore Wind Deal of the Year, IJGlobal Awards 2018, and Asia-Pacific Renewables Deal of the Year, PFI Awards 2018)
- Regional renewables portfolio: advising an international financial sponsor on its bid for a portfolio of renewables assets in Taiwan, Vietnam, South Korea and China
- FSRU to power project, Hong Kong: advising CLP on the development of an FSRU to power project in Hong Kong
- Vung Ang II and Vinh Tan 3 power projects, Vietnam: advising the projects on the development and project financing of the 1,200MW Vung Ang II IPP and the 1,980MW Vinh Tan 3 IPP
- ADNOC Gas Pipelines, United Arab Emirates: advising NH Investment & Securities Co., Ltd. as part of a consortium of buyers on the signing of its investment into Abu Dhabi National Oil Company's (ADNOC) natural gas pipelines in the UAE (MENA Infrastructure Deal of the Year, ADNOC Pipelines, PFI Awards 2019)
Education and qualifications
Ying has a BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University. She subsequently studied law at Nottingham Law School and College of Law, London.
Ying is dual qualified in England & Wales and in Hong Kong SAR, and is fluent in English and Mandarin.