Linklaters’ clients in Hong Kong rely on our expertise in areas ranging from banking & finance, capital markets, competition/antitrust, corporate/M&A, dispute resolution, employment & incentives, financial markets regulation, projects, private equity, and restructuring & insolvency.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Jardine Strategic Holdings on the formation of a joint venture to set up a virtual bank in Hong Kong - one of the first three virtual banking licenses successfully granted by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- the underwriters on the IPO of Shandong Gold on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange - the largest mining company IPO in Hong Kong in the last six years
- the common lenders on the project financing of Taiwan’s first commercial scale offshore wind farm project, Formosa 1, having previously advised on its 35% stake acquisition of the same project
- Hammer Capital Consulting Limited on the HK$40.2bn debt financing for the purchasers of The Center - the world’s largest acquisition financing for a single-block commercial building
- China Southern Power Grid’s US$1.3bn acquisition of Brookfield Infrastructure's 27.8% stake in Transelec - the largest pure-play power transmission company in Chile
- China Light and Power on the development of a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) to power project in Hong Kong, which will include the development of a new FSRU project as well as the negotiation of gas supply arrangements between Hong Kong and mainland China
- CTBC Bank and Cathay United Bank, as mandated lead arranger, original lender and agent, for the acquisition financing of garment label maker, Trimco, by a vehicle controlled by Affinity Equity Partners
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited on the establishment of the Bond Connect between mainland China and Hong Kong
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
"Compact and highly regarded team advising on market-leading transactions. Work spans a range of complex structured financings, the firm maintaining an especially strong reputation for leveraged and acquisition finance as well as syndicated loans."
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Banking & Finance (International Firms): China
"Linklaters provides top-notch technical excellence, while being extremely hands-on and highly responsive. They offer very practical legal solutions."
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Capital Markets (International Firms): China
"Linklaters' service is timely, efficient, and the team always analyses our concerns from a client's point of view."
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Competition/Antitrust (International Firms): China
"Impressive corporate team, particularly commended for its work handling transactions in the financial services sector."
Band 2 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Corporate (International Firms): China
"Regionally powerful firm respected by peers and appreciated by clients for its ability to take on complex cross-border litigation… Offers PRC capabilities and maintains strong relations with litigation firms based in Mainland China.”
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Dispute Resolution (International Firms): China
“They do a first-class job, they're very strategic and fast. They are very responsive and the work output is high-quality.”
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Projects & Infrastructure (International Firms): China