Linklaters’ Dutch practice covers a wide variety of practice areas, in Dutch, English and US law.
The Amsterdam Banking practice advises on Dutch and English law affecting a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions and on restructuring & insolvency matters. Our Capital Markets practice also covers US law and undertakes transactional capital markets work in both equity and debt, as well as offers financial regulatory and investment management advice. Linklaters has established a strong track record in the Netherlands for a full range of domestic and cross-border corporate/M&A work including private equity; Linklaters’ Dutch corporate team, which includes legal experts in the areas of employment, competition, investment management, litigation & arbritration and tax, as well as full notarial support, is the choice of the world’s leading companies and financial institutions for their most significant transactions.
Dutch companies, multinationals, international banks and governments alike rely on Linklaters’ combination of Dutch expertise and exceptional global reach.
Recent transactions include advising
- RBS on its €71.1bn takeover of ABN AMRO – the largest takeover in financial services history – Linklaters provided Dutch, US and English law advice
- Vattenfall on its €10.3bn acquisition of n.v. Nuon PLB Holding
- ING and Rabobank on various funding programmes and transactions, including the ING €50bn Global Issuance Programme and the Rabobank €110bn Global Medium Term Note Programme
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. as coordinator on the €160m term and revolving facilities for OPG Groep N.V., arranged by ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V. and ING Bank N.V.
- EPL Acquisitions Sub B.V. on debt for equity swap