Corporate Partner, Amsterdam
“I have broad experience as a corporate law specialist advising on complex corporate transactions. With in depth knowledge of corporate law, I offer clients technical expertise with a commercial and strategic approach and practical solutions. I very much enjoy working on corporate transactions and with multi-jurisdictional teams, and my goal is to always ensure that deals are executed to the very highest standards.”
Education and qualifications
Marleen is a partner in the Amsterdam corporate practice and an experienced candidate civil law notary specialising in Dutch corporate law. She has broad corporate experience in both advisory and transactional work in cross-border or multi-jurisdictional settings and working for Dutch and international clients. Marleen advises on the full range of private and public corporate transactions, including private equity, (cross-border) mergers, demergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, joint ventures, restructurings and management incentive plans. She also advises multinationals, listed companies and other large and medium-sized companies on corporate governance and other corporate topics.
Marleen was based in London during a secondment for two and a half years.
- Cerberus: advising on its acquisition of World Flight Services from Platinum Equity and later on the sale of World Flight Services by Cerberus to SATS.
- Covestro AG: advising on the €1.6 billion acquisition of the Resins & Functional Materials business from Royal DSM.
- The LYCRA Company: advising lenders under a mezzanine facility on the enforcement action over The LYCRA Company.
- Vodafone Group: advising on the carve-out of its tower business and the €12 billion IPO of Vantage Towers AG.
- ENGIE: advising on the US$1.4 billion business combination of EV Box Group, a leading global provider of smart charging solutions for electric vehicles, with TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp, a SPAC sponsored by TPG.
- Centerbridge Partners L.P.: advising on its €330m acquisition of Solidus Solutions.
- Curetis: advising on its merger with OpGen Inc., a NASDAQ listed biotech company.
- Thyssenkrupp: advising on the envisaged merger with Tata Steel encompassing the European operations of both companies.
Marleen joined the Linklaters Amsterdam office as Managing Associate in 2018 with over 8 years experience, after starting her career with another leading law firm. She worked in Amsterdam and London.
Marleen is a member of the Royal Dutch Notarial Association.
Education and qualifications
Marleen studied Dutch and notarial law at the Amsterdam University of Amsterdam (2009).
She completed the postdoc company and corporate law at Grotius Academy Nijmegen (2017).
Marleen is co-author of “Corporate effect of shareholders’ agreements: führt jeder Konsequenz zum Teufel?”, on the corporate effect of shareholders’ agreements and the consequences for the validly of decision-making; co-author of “The main changes of the laws applicable to Dutch BVs under the Flex BV Act and the corresponding implementation Act”, containing a description of the main changes pursuant to the Flex BV Act and certain recommendations in this regard and; author of “Draft bill to amend the rules for the dissolution of shell entities by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce”, criticising proposed additional grounds for the Dutch Chamber of Commerce to dissolve shell entities.