Linklaters has been in Singapore for over 25 years. Being a central hub for activity across so many sectors and jurisdictions, our team advises clients in Singapore and across the wider South East Asia region.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do and our team are working on some of the most unique and first-of-a-kind transactions and projects across the region, as new trends, transaction types and technologies emerge.
As one of the few international firms to be awarded a qualifying foreign law practice (QFLP) licence by the Singapore Ministry of Law, we practice Singapore law as well as English and U.S. law.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- the dealers on recent major Indian issuances - the US$1.2bn 144A notes by State Bank of India and the US$900m bonds by Indian Oil Corporation
- Greenko on its US$900m acquisition of Orange Renewables, a wind and solar platform in India and on its acquisition of SunEdison’s renewables business in India
- Anquan and Zilliqa Research on their digital token offering, including regulatory engagement with the MAS - the first Singapore-based unicorn ICO, whose market-capitalisation is over US$1bn
- Noble Group on high value and complex litigation before the Singapore High Court, brought by its former CEO, in relation to forfeited incentives and bonuses, and Noble’s counterclaim relating to his alleged breach of restrictive covenants and fiduciary duties
- the underwriters on Astrea IV’s secured retail notes - the first private equity-backed notes issued to Singapore retail investors
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market
[Linklaters is] proficient at managing complex cross-border transactions and continues to handle work in a variety of jurisdictions across the region including India and Indonesia."
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Banking & Finance (International) Singapore
“Linklaters Singapore Pte. Ltd.’s ‘prompt and responsive’ Capital Markets team is led by Hyung Ahn and Jonathan Horan. The team are particularly active on multi-currency debt issues, convertible bonds, guaranteed bonds and the establishment of GMTN programmes.”
Band 1 – Chambers Asia Pacific 2019, Capital markets (International firms) Singapore
“A popular choice for multinational corporations, banks and private equity investors. The team handles private equity, public M&A and complex cross-border transactions, as well as joint ventures, disposals and corporate restructurings.
Band 1 – Chambers Asia Pacific 2019, Corporate/M&A (International firms) Singapore
"They are dynamic, client-oriented and solution-driven,"
Band 1 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Employment (International Firms) Singapore