Linklaters has a formal association with Widyawan & Partners (W&P), one of Indonesia's leading full-service law firms, specialising in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate M&A and Projects & Infrastructure.
W&P currently has over 20 qualified lawyers, led by a team of three partners and two foreign legal advisors. The lawyers have a deep understanding of both the Indonesian and international market, having worked with many of Indonesia’s largest corporations and multinational firms on their strategic transactions.
Linklaters has long-standing international experience working on significant, complex, global transactions for multinational clients, combining legal expertise with a collaborative and innovative approach to help them navigate the constantly evolving markets and regulatory environments. The Linklaters and W&P formal association allows us to deliver market-leading international and Indonesian law capabilities and exceptional client service in a streamlined manner. Our combined expertise boasts a strong record of executing transactions in Indonesia, coupled with an excellent working knowledge of the Indonesian legal and regulatory environment.
Recent significant transactions of the formal association include advising:
- Inpex Masela on the development and financing of its LNG project in Masela Block, Eastern Indonesia.
- DP World on the development and operation of a US$1.2bn integrated container terminal and industrial logistics park in Gresik, Indonesia, and the related joint venture arrangements with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and PT Pelabuhan Indonesia Maspion.
- Deutsche Bank AG’s Singapore branch, Mandiri Securities and Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) on the US$450m senior notes issuance by Indika Energy Capital. We acted as the international underwriters on the issuance, alongside a tap issuance of US$225m 8.25% senior notes, both due 2025.
- FWD Group on its investment of a significant minority stake in PT Asuransi BRI Life, the life insurance arm of PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (BRI). As part of the strategic partnership, BRI Life has entered into a long-term life insurance distribution agreement with BRI.
- EdgePoint Infrastructure, a Digital Colony-backed platform, on its minority investment into PT Centratama Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (CENT). CENT is one of Indonesia’s leading telecommunications infrastructure solution and services provider. This is Digital Colony's first investment in Indonesia and is part of its plan to become a leading pan-Asian digital infrastructure player.
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
"They are able to offer its clients local law advice through an association with Widyawan & Partners. Linklaters is a full service firm that are also active on matters in the insurance, TMT, retail and real estate sectors."
Band 2 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021, Corporate & Finance: Indonesia
"They provide a thorough legal study and well-delivered opinions, since they have lawyers working in the industries for many years."
Band 1 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021, Projects & Energy (Widyawan & Partners)
"Widyawan & Partners works as one firm with Linklaters, making cross-border work much easier for clients, and it has in-depth knowledge of Indonesia in terms of practical challenges and considerations that we should consider."
Band 2 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021, Banking & Finance (Widyawan & Partners)