Linklaters’ established our Foreign Legal Consultant Office in Seoul in July 2013. Leveraging our unique international capabilities and detailed understanding of the regulatory and business environment in Korea, we provide on-the-ground execution capabilities in both U.S. and English law, across key practice areas including M&A, private equity, foreign direct investment, outbound investment, corporate finance, capital markets, projects, energy and infrastructure, banking and finance.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- NH Investment & Securities and NongHyup Financial Group on its acquisition from Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) of a minority interest in ADNOC Gas Pipelines, which will lease US$12bn gas pipelines and US$8bn gas fractionation facilities in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Citigroup Global Markets Asia and HSBC on the establishment of Mirae Asset Daewoo.'s US$5bn Medium Term Notes (MTN) Programme. This is the first ever MTN establishment by a Korean securities firm.
- Hyundai Motor Company on its acquisition of a 10.4% stake in Impact Coatings AB, a Swedish company listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market, which develops and commercialises innovative technology for physical vapor deposition surface treatment for fuel cells.
- K-SURE and NEXI on the c.US$3bn project financing of the Changfang and Xidao offshore wind farm project in Taiwan..
- The Republic of Korea as bookrunner’s counsel on the issuance of US$500m 2.000% Notes due 2024 and US$1bn 2.500% Notes due 2029 (Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Shelf Takedown).
- Naver Corporation on its contemplated business expansion in Indonesia, including providing a legal memo on regulatory requirements in Indonesia.
- Vung Ang II Thermal Power Joint Stock Company on the 1, 200MW Vung Ang II Thermal Power Project in Vietnam.
- the bookrunner, lead manager, and bond trustee, as international counsel for Korea Housing Finance Corporation (KHFC)'s issuance of €500m 0.100% Social Covered Bonds due 2024. This was KHFC's lowest coupon rate and first triple A issuance.
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
“The team remains one of the most highly regarded in this field. Much sought after for its renowned project finance offering, it typically advises consortiums of major international and Korean lenders on energy and infrastructure projects around the globe”
Band 1 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2016 - 2020, Projects & Infrastructure (International Firms): South Korea
"Linklaters is well known for advising Korean export credit agencies, sponsors and international lenders on high-profile projects”
Band 1 – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019, Projects and energy: foreign firms: South Korea
Best Korea Deal: LG Chem’s Convertible Bonds due 2021
FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2018