Energy & Infrastructure Partner, Dubai
Matt is a partner in the energy & infrastructure team who advises on a wide range of first-of-a-kind transactions advising governments, sponsors, borrowers and commercial banks, DFIs and Export Credit Agencies. He has over 25 years’ experience of advising on large scale project development and financing, bringing a deep understanding of managing a project from inception through development to operation.
Matt’s recent experience includes advising:
- NEOM FDP, Saudi Arabia: advising NEOM on its first selective desalination plant in Saudi Arabia that it will be powered solely by renewables and will involve no liquid discharge.
- Taiba and Qassim IPPs, Saudi Arabia: advising Saudi Power Procurement Company on the development of two 3.5GW greenfield gas fired IPPs located in Taiba and Qassim.
- Project One, Belgium: advising INEOS on the first greenfield petrochemicals project in Western Europe for over 20 years located in the Port of Antwerp in Belgium.
- Mirfa IWPP refinancing, UAE: advising the lenders on the refinancing of the US$1.5bn Engie-sponsored Mirfa IWPP in Abu Dhabi.
- NEOM Contractor Communities, Saudi Arabia: advising NEOM on the development and financing of its Contractor Communities on a DBO basis.
- ADNOC's Gas Gathering System, UAE: advising a successful bidder on its bid to acquire a minority stake in ADNOC’s gas gathering system in Abu Dhabi.
- First Schools PPP, Jordan: advising IFC and the Government of Jordan on the first wave of schools PPP projects in the country.