Partner, Co-Head of Leveraged Finance, London
“I specialise in acting for financial sponsors and borrowers on leveraged acquisition finance transactions across the capital structure. I seek to provide clients with commercial and pragmatic advice.”
Education and qualifications
Oliver brings significant experience in structuring and executing sponsor-backed leveraged acquisition finance transactions in the European market. Oliver’s particular focus is acting for financial sponsors on leveraged buy-outs across the capital structure.
Oliver is the co-head of Linklaters’ Leveraged Finance practice. He has been a partner since 2016 and joined Linklaters’ banking team in 2006.
Before joining the firm, Oliver worked for Allens, Linklaters’ integrated alliance partner in Australia.
Oliver has led on a number of significant complex financing transactions. Recent experience includes advising:
- The Carlyle Group: advising on the €1.32bn cov-lite financing for its acquisition of Flender GmbH;
- The Carlyle Group: advising on the CHF413.5m cov-lite financing for its acquisition of Groupe Acrotec SA;
- The Carlyle Group: advising on the US$285m financing for its acquisition of Mak-Systems;
- Hg: advising on the €1.359bn cov-lite financing and holdco PIK facilities for Team.blue;
- Hg: advising on the €330m financing for its acquisition of Septeo; and
- Hg: advising on the US$420m financing for its acquisition of Gen II