Partner, New York
“I focus on creditors’ rights and debt restructurings both in and out of court, aiming to provide clear, decisive and commercially focused advice to help clients achieve the best outcome in challenging financial situations.”
Education and qualifications
Penelope is a partner in Linklaters’ U.S. Restructuring & Insolvency practice. She advises administrative agents, steering committees, individual lenders and other credit providers facing bankruptcy and insolvency-related issues on complex credits of all sizes, with particular expertise in chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court restructurings.
Penelope’s recent representative matters include advising:
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank: advising as Revolving and LC Agent and Collateral Agent under the DIP Credit Agreement and Prepetition Credit Facilities in the chapter 11 restructuring of McDermott International, Inc.
- A major financial institution: advising on a financial restructuring of a global cinema company.
- Citibank, N.A.: advising as administrative agent to the senior secured lender group that provided a reserve-based facility to Chisholm Oil and Gas Operating, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Citibank, N.A.: advising as administrative and collateral agent to the secured lender group that provided a reserve-based lending facility to Lonestar Resources U.S. Inc.
- A global financial institution: advising as agent and/or lender in multiple retail bankruptcies.
- Grant Thornton: advising as foreign representative of Comsale in its chapter 15 case.
Penelope was recently endorsed as a “Leading Lawyer – Rising Star” in the 2020 edition of IFLR1000.
Further work highlights include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV: advising the administrative agent to the senior secured revolving and term loan lenders.
- A regional food company in South America: advising an ad hoc committee of secured and unsecured lenders in connection with the restructuring of the debt of the food company.
- Memorial Production Operating LLC (now known as Amplify Energy Corp.): advising the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in a prearranged chapter 11 case.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. (now known as Titan Energy, LLC): advising the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in the prepackaged 36-day chapter 11 case.
- Sabine Oil & Gas and its affiliated debtors: advising the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in the highly litigious chapter 11 cases.
- A privately held company based in Singapore: advising a group of lenders under a syndicated credit facility in relation to the waiver of certain defaults and restructuring of a privately held company based in Singapore currently in breach of various covenants under the facility.
- ENNIA Caribe Holding N.V. and its subsidiaries: advising a central bank in the chapter 15 bankruptcy case of this entity.
- American Energy Partners: advising a global financial institution in connection with exercising rights and remedies relating to a US$465m term loan extended to this entity.
- A group of international lenders: advising the lenders in relation to the restructuring of a syndicated revolving credit facility with a Hong Kong publicly listed company with global retail operations.
Education and qualifications
Penelope studied accounting and finance at Hofstra University and holds a Juris Doctor from St. John’s University School of Law.