Corporate Partner, New York
Pierre is a Partner in Linklaters’ Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions group.
Pierre’s practice encompasses a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border matters.
Pierre advises clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity and asset sales, auctions and joint ventures. Pierre has also experience representing corporate clients, investment banks and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on equity and debt securities offerings (whether SEC registered or exempted) and liability management transactions. Pierre advises clients on SEC compliance and reporting, governance issues and general corporate and securities law matters.
Additionally, Pierre has experience on SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) matters, having advised SPACs and their sponsors, target companies and their shareholders, “PIPE” investors as well as stock exchanges on related matters.
Highlights include advising:
- Arrival: advising Arrival, (Nasdaq: ARVL), inventor of a unique method of design and production of electric vehicles, on its business combination with Kensington Capital Acquisition Corp. V, a SPAC.
- ENGIE on the $1.4bn pending business combination between EVBox and TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp., a SPAC formed by TPG and listed on the NASDAQ
- Perfetti van Melle: advising on its US$1.35bn acquisition of Mondelez’s developed-market gum business in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Union Acquisition Corp. II, a Cayman Islands based SPAC on the $1.1bn business combination with Crynssen Pharma Group Ltd and related listing of new holding company Procaps Group, S.A. on Nasdaq.
- Getir: advising on the acquisition of online grocery company FreshDirect Inc. from Ahold Delhaize USA
- Mayfair Equity Partners and Yo! Sushi on their acquisition of Snowfox and Sushibox
- Petrobras on its $3bn+ Gulf of Mexico joint-venture with Murphy Oil Corporation
- Tokio Marine: advising on their subscription, along with MUFG and Kanematsu Corporation, for shares of commercial space company Sierra Space’s preferred stock for its US$290m Series B transaction.
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance, a Japanese insurance conglomerate, on its minority investment in U.S. public company National General and on various venture capital minority investments in the U.S.
- ION Investment Group on its acquisition of OpenLink, a global leader in trading, risk and treasury solutions for the energy, commodities and financial services industries
- Triton Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Bormioli Pharma
- Apollo on its €3+bn acquisition of Verallia and on the following recapitalizations through the issuance of high yield notes
Pierre holds a Master of Laws from University of Pennsylvania Law School. Pierre also received a law degree from Sciences Po Paris (France) and studied economics and finance at Sorbonne University (France).
He speaks English, French and Spanish.
Pierre was named “40 under 40” for mergers & acquisitions by the M&A Advisor in 2022 and was listed as a “Rising Star” for M&A by Euromoney 2022.