Linklaters wins the APLMA Syndicated Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Law Firm of the Year 2017
We are delighted to announce that our Banking and Finance team based in Hong Kong, won the “Syndicated Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Law Firm of the Year” award from the Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA). This recognition demonstrates our prominent position in the Greater China leveraged finance market.
During the past 18 months, the team has assisted clients in a series of major transactions in leveraged finance, including the lenders on the leveraged finance for:
- the acquisition of McDonald's China business by a consortium formed by CITIC Capital and Carlyle;
- leading retailer Belle International’s privatisation;
- the acquisition of Tricor Group by Permira;
- the acquisition of Wharf T&T Limited (a telecommunication operator in HK) by a consortium formed by MBK Partners and TPG; and
- the leveraged finance for the acquisition of Global Sources Ltd by Blackstone by way of privatisation.
The APLMA represents the interests of institutions involved in the syndicated loan markets of the Asia-Pacific region. The Awards are judged by the market, offering a level playing field for key market practitioners to have their deals recognised by their peers based on merit alone.