Linklaters’ India work recognised with five ‘Deals of the Year’ in India Business Law Journal
Continuing its strong representation across the highest profile cross-border deals in the Indian market, Linklaters has been singled out for five ‘Deals of the Year’ by India Business Law Journal (IBLJ).
Linklaters has been active in the Indian market for over 25 years and has worked with international companies and financial institutions as they invest or expand their activities in India and with India’s leading corporates as they invest outside India.
The five transactions named in the India Business Law Journal’s ‘Deals of the Year’ are:
- Sale of 98% stake in Essar Oil for US$12.9bn. London-based corporate partner Savi Hebbur and Head of India Group Narayan Iyer led the Linklaters team as international advisors to Rosneft on the largest ever foreign investment in to India and the largest ever Russian outbound deal
- Rosneft’s share sales to Indian consortium. Linklaters’ team was led by Moscow-based partner Grigory Gadzhiev.
- Hewlett Packard sale of 60.5% Mphasis stake. Singapore-based Banking partner Philip Badge led the Linklaters team advising the arrangers, lenders and underwriters on the financing.
- Accord Healthcare’s acquisition from Teva. The Linklaters team was led by Head of India Group Narayan Iyer and Corporate partner James Inglis on the largest inward investment by an Indian company into the UK since the EU referendum.
- Lupin’s bridge financing. Linklaters were international advisers to JP Morgan, led by New York-based Associate Philip Lee.
Narayan Iyer, Head of the firm’s India Group, commented:
“We are delighted that IBLJ has recognised our work advising Indian and international clients on their most important, complex and market defining cross-border transactions across a range of sectors. We look forward to applying our market leading expertise for the benefit of all our clients in the year ahead.”
For further information please contact Peter Otero on (+44 20) 7456 3242.