Linklaters named Law Firm of the Year
Linklaters has been named Law Firm of the Year at the Risk Awards, in recognition of the crucial role the firm has played in advising all parts of the industry on navigating through new and complex regulatory and political issues affecting the global derivatives market. The awards are the longest-running and most prestigious awards for firms and individuals involved in the global derivatives markets and in risk management.
- Advising The International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) on a number of projects including the impact of IBOR reform on ISDA documentation, Brexit, updating ISDA documentation to meet the requirements of Article 28(2) of the European Benchmark Regulation and drafting new industry documentation for the initial margin ‘big bang’.
- Collaborating with ISDA on ISDA Create – IM, an innovative tool that will allow firms to negotiate initial margin documentation electronically and to feed the related data into firms’ downstream systems.
- Advising OTC DerivNet Ltd on the new LCH SwapAgent service being provided by LCH Limited
- Advising a number of firms on Brexit planning
- Advising on the establishment of Bond Connect between mainland China and Hong Kong
Commenting on the award, Michael Voisin, Global Head of Capital Markets at Linklaters, says:
“The firm has been involved in a number of matters which have been the first of their kind. We are often, working alongside our clients and creating and delivering solutions for some of the most complex issues facing the market. Our work with ISDA and with a number of banks on Brexit planning are examples of this. We’re honoured to have received this award and proud that our global team’s strength and capability has been widely recognised.”