27 September 2018
Linklaters Named Global Derivatives Law Firm of the Year by GlobalCapital
Linklaters has been named “Global Law Firm of the Year – Overall” by international capital markets news service GlobalCapital at its annual Global Derivatives Awards ceremony in London on September 25, 2018. The awards honor the institutions and innovations that have made a positive impact on the global derivatives market over the last 12 months.
Each award was judged according to the nominees’ innovations in product and service commitments to new markets, improvements in efficiency, liquidity and market stability, as well as client guidance.
The swathes of regulatory changes, market and geopolitical developments, and technological advances in recent years have allowed Linklaters’ global derivatives practice to showcase its ability to provide innovative solutions for its clients’ needs.
GlobalCapital has recognized Linklaters with the highest honor of “Global law firm of the year” for its cutting-edge practice and innovative work around the globe over the past year which included:
- Advising The International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) on a number of projects including:
- the impact of IBOR reform on ISDA documentation
- updating ISDA documentation to meet the requirements of Article 28(2) of the European Benchmark Regulation
- drafting updated documentation for initial margin
- the enforceability of electronic contracts under English, New York and Hong Kong, with a German law opinion in process
- Collaborating with ISDA on ISDA Create – IM, a tool that will allow firms to negotiate initial margin documentation electronically.
- Advising OTC DerivNet Ltd on the new LCH SwapAgent service being provided by LCH Limited
Linklaters has been at the forefront of major developments in the derivatives market since the market’s inception in the 1980s and our derivatives practice is best known for its innovative approach to problem-solving in relation to the most complex derivatives and structured products issues. Our practice, now comprising over 150 experts globally, is a direct response to client demand for derivatives lawyers who are able to advise on both OTC and securitized derivatives, as well as SPV-based complex structured finance transactions.
Commenting on the award, Michael Voisin, Global Head of Capital Markets at Linklaters said,
“This is a great achievement for our global derivatives practice. I thank our clients for their tremendous support in entrusting us with their most challenging assignments and our global team for delivering such outstanding results for our clients through their talent, commitment and dedication. Innovation, teamwork, delivering results and value for money are at the heart of the service that we provide. We are delighted that our recognition by Global Capital reflects this.”