Linklaters named in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019
Linklaters has been recognised for its leadership on workplace gender equality through being named in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019 for the sixth consecutive year. The Times Top 50 Employers for Women is published in partnership with Business in the Community, the Prince’s Responsible Business Network, as part of the charity’s Responsible Business Week. The full list can be viewed here.
The alphabetical and unranked list acknowledges UK employers that are making gender equality a key part of their business strategy, with consistent commitment to creating inclusive workplace cultures and progressing women in the workplace that covers their entire organisation at all levels. The list involves a comprehensive submission process managed by Business in the Community’s Gender Equality Campaign.
Linklaters has a long-standing commitment to gender equality. The firm’s comprehensive action plan aims to achieve greater gender balance. We are focused on the following:
- Public transparency with aspirational gender targets for 30% female representation of our boards by 2018 and above 30% of new partners going forward;
- Applying increased scrutiny to the gender mix of candidates at all levels during our recruitment processes, partner elections and promotion to senior leadership positions;
- Creating a sustainable pipeline and ensuring women have greater internal engagement opportunities through our core talent programmes, including our Women’s Leadership Programme (WLP), our new coaching programme for associates;
- Ensuring that we change the narrative around gender equality so that men and women are engaged;
- Being agile in our approach to working patterns and career paths;
- Ensuring that men and women can share family responsibilities.
Claudia Parzani, Partner and Executive Champion for Gender Equality at Linklaters, said: “This is a fantastic achievement reflecting our ongoing efforts and determination to achieve workplace gender equality through a lot of initiatives and programmes aimed to move us towards greater diversity. We are conscious that diversity represents a huge opportunity to enlarge our pool of know-how, leadership style and creativity and we are focused on supporting women to achieve their ambitions, they have the right sponsorship and development opportunities. We are also focused on agile career paths to support all of our people to balance their work and personal lives.”