"I focus on private M&A and private equity, and advise senior management on the structuring of complex transactions and strategical issues."
Education and qualifications
Alain specialises in private M&A and private equity domestically and internationally.
He has market leading practice in the banking and insurance industry, where he advises on M&A, group restructuring, and, jointly with the firm financial regulation and litigation teams, industry specific issues, including regulatory investigations.
Alain is the lead relationship partner for a number of the firm’s French clients in the financial sector.
Alain has led on many of the market’s most significant M&A deals. These include advising:
- Blackstone and the groups founders on their LBO on Alliance Automotive Group, and its subsequent disposal to US group GPC
- BNP Paribas in relation to its acquisition, jointly with Banque PSA Finance, of the Opel brand credit institutions
- the AnaCap Funds on their acquisition of Barclays Bank’s French retail bank and insurance operations
- Crédit Mutuel in connection with the restructuring of its insurance activities
- Santander Consumer Finance in connection with its European wide partnerships with Banque PSA Finance
- CDC in connection with the dismantling of the Dexia Group, and the creation by the French State, CDC and La Banque Postale of SFIL, a new bank for French local authorities
Alain joined Linklaters in 1988, and he has been a partner since 1997. He co-headed the Paris office from 2005 to 2009 and was a member of the firm’s Partnership Board from 2013 to 2017.
He is the author of various legal publications in the area of corporate law.