Mainstream Corporate Counsel, London
"I focus my corporate practice on equity capital markets transactions and ongoing public company advice, offering thorough, pragmatic and commercial counsel to multinational corporate and investment banking clients across various jurisdictions. I am committed to achieving client goals in a collaborative, solutions-focused manner with an eye to the interests of all stakeholders."
Education and qualifications
Alex is a US-qualified counsel based in London. He has over a decade of experience acting on multi-jurisdictional corporate and capital markets transactions as well as advising clients on SEC-registered deal execution and compliance. Alex advises issuers and financial institutions on IPOs, rights issues, continuous offerings, follow-on offerings and accelerated bookbuild transactions, as well as on debt and hybrid securities issuances. He also has significant experience advising on complex carve out transactions featuring equity raises and spin offs, as well as on public mergers and acquisitions, such as schemes of arrangement, tender offers and exchange offers, involving both US-listed and non-US-listed clients. Alex has advised clients across multiple geographies, including the United Kingdom, South Africa, Western Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
Alex is a core member of the client teams advising Arrival, Rio Tinto, Unilever and Vodafone on their US reporting obligations, SEC-registered continuous equity offerings (Arrival) and SEC-registered bond offerings and liability management exercises (Rio Tinto, Unilever, Vodafone). He is also part of the Firm’s SEC Transactions and Compliance Group, advising and developing thought leadership on US public company issues for foreign private issuers listed or exploring a potential listing in the United States.
Alex’s corporate and equity capital markets experience includes advising:
- Porsche AG advising on its EUR 9.4 billion IPO and Frankfurt listing, the largest German IPO since 1996
- Vodafone on the establishment, carve-out, IPO and Frankfurt Stock Exchange listing of Vantage Towers
- Unilever on the unification of its dual-listed structure in 2020 and the contemplated simplification of the structure by way of SEC-registered merger in 2018
- the financial advisers on the €130bn spin-off and listing by Naspers of its internet business, Prosus, on Euronext Amsterdam
- Helios Towers on its IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Old Mutual on the managed separation of its four constituent businesses into independent businesses (including the demerger/listing of Quilter and the listing of Old Mutual Limited on the London Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange)
- AMEC in connection with its SEC-registered US$3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- Gold Fields and Sibanye Gold (now Sibanye Stillwater) on the spin off and listing of Sibanye Gold on the New York Stock Exchange
- On numerous accelerated bookbuild transactions, including, amongst others, advising the joint global coordinators on SAB’s ZAR7.5 billion offering of AB InBev shares; Vodafone and Telecom Italia on the €800 million sale of in INWIT ordinary shares; and the joint global coordinators on the €1.5 billion sale of ordinary shares of Prosus
Education and qualifications
Alex received his B.A., summa cum laude, with honours in History and Government in 2008 from Georgetown University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center.
Alex is admitted to practice in New York (2012).