As head of the firm’s real estate practice in Warsaw, Artur is widely acknowledged as a leading practitioner of real estate law. He advises investors, developers, financiers, asset managers, power and distribution companies on large-scale, cross-border and domestic real estate, corporate and project finance transactions.
Artur has extensive advisory and transactional experience on all aspects of negotiating, structuring and implementing various forms of real estate joint ventures, funds and investment transactions, as well as on development of top-end commercial real estate deals, including in the office, retail, industrial and leisure sectors. His expertise also covers high-profile and complex infrastructure projects (such as motorways and stadiums) and renewable energy schemes.
Artur has particular skill in handling administrative proceedings, including advising on all matters relating to development and construction permits, zoning and environmental issues.
Artur is also managing partner of the firm’s Warsaw office.
Artur has led on many of the market’s most significant real estate deals. Highlights include advising:
- Allianz Real Estate Germany on the €412m acquisition of the Silesia City Centre in Katowice, reported as the largest property deal in the CEE in 2013
- W. P. Carey, a U.S.-based global real estate investment trust, on its €180m purchase and subsequent sale and leaseback of a portfolio of 18 stores in Poland
- Echo Investment, Poland’s largest developer, on the €273m disposal of landmark Q22 skyscraper to Invesco Real Estate
- Autostrada Wielkopolska and Autostrada Wielkopolska II, the concessionaires, on the concession, construction, operations and approval to build A-2 toll highway, the first Public-Private Partnership (PPP) road scheme in Poland
- DONG Energy on a number of wind farm projects in Poland
- AES and RWE Innogy on construction agreements and energy trading contracts in Poland
Education and qualifications
Artur studied law at the University of Warsaw.
He speaks Polish and English.