Corporate Counsel, London
Education and qualifications
Ben is a corporate Counsel based in London who has particular experience advising insurers and professional service firms. He has a broad range of experience advising on private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and strategic structuring and corporate advisory work.
Ben’s experience includes advising:
Ben’s experience includes advising on many high-profile transactions:
- Oaktree on the establishment of Marco Capital, a P&C insurance run-off platform.
- Phoenix Group on various insurance business transfers.
- HM Treasury on a review into the arrangements between the UK government and Pool Re.
- Deloitte on the reorganisation of its CIS business and on a shareholders’ agreement for the establishment of its delivery centre in the Philippines.
- PwC International on the US$2.2bn sale of its global mobility business to CD&R.
- Nestlé on the acquisition of Lily’s Kitchen and on the sale of its Israeli ice cream business.
Ben is based in London and has also spent time in the firm’s Hong Kong office.
His experience also includes:
- AXA: advising on the reinsurance of €1.3bn of longevity risk.AXA: advising on the sale of AXA Life Europe’s offshore bonds business.
- RMI: advising on the sale of its interest in Hastings Group, a UK based general insurer.
- The Medical Protection Society: advising on the sale of MPS Risk Solutions.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch: advising on the sale of CM Investment Solutions.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board: advising on its reorganisation as part of the transition of PSPIB’s European hub from Luxembourg to the UK.
- Green Investment Group Limited: advising on its acquisition of a 25% interest in the Westermost Rough offshore wind farm.
- Kier Group plc: advising on its £264 million rights issue.
- Deutsche Börse: advising on its proposed US$21bn merger with the London Stock Exchange Group.
- PwC: advising on the administration of Lehman Brothers International (Europe).