National Managing Partner Partner, Real Estate Partner, Paris
“I have 20 years’ experience of advising clients on their most complex real estate transactions in France and continental Europe. I offer in-depth knowledge of the market, an innovative and practical approach to solving problems and work closely with clients to ensure that deals are accomplished efficiently.”
Education and qualifications
Françoise has been appointed as Managing Partner of our Paris office as of 1 January 2023.
As the head of firm’s real estate practice in France, Françoise advises French and international investors, property funds, end users and developers in all areas of French real estate, construction, environmental and planning law. She often works in collaboration with the firm’s real estate practitioners in other European offices to advise clients on their most significant pan-European real estate transactions that require joint real estate, corporate, financing and tax input.
The deals on which she advises range from pure investment work to development and the letting of operational space. She also has extensive experience in real estate deals in the retail and leisure sectors.
Over the years, Françoise has developed long standing and trustworthy relationships with a number of real estate players and has become their trusted advisor. She is regularly involved in their strategic and high-level discussions.
Françoise has led on many major European real estate deals.
- Ardian Real estate Fund (ARREEF II): advising on the setting up of a joint venture with AOG and Emerige through a special purpose vehicle under the form of an FPS (regulated fund) for the carrying out of a major development at Ile Seguin in Boulogne Billancourt comprising the construction of various buildings for office use, retail, hotel and an art centre.
- Tristan Capital Partners: advising on the acquisition, through its Episo 5 fund, of the Liberté 2 campus, comprising six office buildings in Charenton-le-Pont (94), from two French institutional investors, in a share deal. The property complex of almost 46,000 sqm is fully leased to Natixis. This urban campus offers a range of services to its occupants, including a fitness room, auditoriums, a training area, a wide range of restaurants and a tennis court, as well as numerous outdoor areas covering more than 1,000 sqm.
- Groupement Les Mousquetaires (Intermarché): advising on the proposed acquisition of a group of sale points from the Casino group in France with a total turnover of €1.6bn.
- BMO Real Estate: advising on the acquisition of the entity owning the trophy building for office and retail uses located at 71-73 Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris.
- Invesco Real Estate: advising on the purchase of the entity owning the Capital 8 Office complex of a surface area of 45,000 sq.m located in central Paris and on the purchase of the Canal+ headquarters in the western Paris suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt on behalf of an Asian fund and resale to a joint-venture set up between Tishman Speyer and PSP.
- A major US Fund: advising on the acquisition of the entity owning the trophy building known as “Marché Saint-Honoré” located in the heart of Paris of a surface area of 17,000 sqm for office and retail use further to a competitive bid process organised by BNPP
Françoise is a member of the Urban Land Institute.
She provides pro bono advice on real estate matters to Emmaüs Défi, a non-profit organisation dedicated to help people in extremely precarious situations to find or regain their place in society. The organization provides support in employment, health and housing, to help these individuals regain their motivation and stability for the rest of their lives. Emmaüs Défi is also a social innovation laboratory whose mission is to find the best solutions to fight against extreme exclusion.
Education and qualifications
Françoise studied law at the University of Aix-Marseille III and holds a diploma in international business law from the University of Aix-Marseille.
She speaks French and English.