“I have 20 years’ experience of advising clients on their most complex real estate transactions in France and continental Europe. I offer in-depth knowledge of the market, an innovative and practical approach to solving problems and work closely with clients to ensure that deals are accomplished efficiently.”
Education and qualifications
As the head of firm’s real estate practice in France, Françoise advises French and international investors, property funds, end users and developers in all areas of French real estate, construction, environmental and planning law. She often works in collaboration with the firm’s real estate practitioners in other European offices to advise clients on their most significant pan-European real estate transactions that require joint real estate, corporate, financing and tax input.
The deals on which she advises range from pure investment work to development and the letting of operational space. She also has much experience in real estate deals in the retail and leisure sectors.
Françoise has led on many major European real estate deals.
Highlights include advising:
- BMO Real Estate: advising on the acquisition of the entity owning the trophy building for office and retail uses located at 71-73 Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris.
- Ardian Real Estate European Fund (AREEF) and LIM on the sale to a JV entity held by Amundi and La Française of SCI Westridge, owner of the Europa building of a surface area of around 27,000 sq.m located in Levallois-Perret fully let in its future state of completion to WPP Holdings for its new French headquarters
- Invesco Real Estate: advising on the purchase of the Canal+ headquarters in the western Paris suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt on behalf of an Asian fund and resale to a joint-venture set up between Tishman Speyer and PSP.
- Ardian Real Estate European Fund (AREEF) on the acquisition of an office building to be redeveloped in Paris as well as on the sale in its future state of completion of an office building located rue des Pyramides and on the sale in its future state of completion of an office building located avenue de la Grande Armée and fully let to Sanofi
- A major US Fund: advising on the acquisition of the entity owning the trophy building known as “Marché Saint-Honoré” located in the heart of Paris of a surface area of 17,000 sqm for office and retail use further to a competitive bid process organised by BNPP.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Mandarin Oriental Finance Company (BVI) on the €290m acquisition of the freehold interest in the building housing Mandarin Oriental Luxury Hotel in Paris and two prime street front retail units
Françoise is a member of the Urban Land Institute.
She often provides pro bono advice on real estate matters to Adie, a French organisation that helps people outside the financial mainstream to access credit and set up businesses.
Education and qualifications
Françoise studied law at the University of Aix-Marseille III and holds a diploma in international business law from the University of Aix-Marseille.
She speaks French and English.