“I have 20 years’ experience of advising clients on their most complex real estate transactions in France and continental Europe. I offer in-depth knowledge of the market, an innovative and practical approach to solving problems and work closely with clients to ensure that deals are accomplished efficiently.”
Education and qualifications
As the head of firm’s real estate practice in France, Françoise advises French and international investors, property funds, end users and developers in all areas of French real estate, construction, environmental and planning law. She often works in collaboration with the firm’s real estate practitioners in other European offices to advise clients on their most significant pan-European real estate transactions that require joint real estate, corporate, financing and tax input.
The deals on which she advises range from pure investment work to development and the letting of operational space. She also has much experience in real estate deals in the retail and leisure sectors.
Françoise has led on many major European real estate deals.
Highlights include advising:
- Ardian Real Estate European Fund (AREEF) in the setting-up of a 50%/50% JV (involving the creation of an OPCI) with LaSalle Investment Management for the acquisition of an office building situated at 145-149 Anatole France Levallois-Perret of a surface area of 26.000sqm, currently occupied by Lagardère Active and to be redeveloped
- BCSP V CE Lux 1 Sarl on the sale of 100% of the share capital of SCI Tour First, owner of the Tour First office tower in La Défense, which is the tallest building in France
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Mandarin Oriental Finance Company (BVI) on the €290m acquisition of the freehold interest in the building housing Mandarin Oriental Luxury Hotel in Paris and two prime street front retail units
- PEC Holdings (a fund managed by CBRE Global Investors) on the acquisition of a logistics portfolio comprising three real estate assets in Croissy, Lognes and Saint-Cyr-en-Val
- TIAA Henderson Real Estate as asset manager for Warburg Henderson Pan-Europa Fonds and TIAA on the €350m sale of a pan-European logistics portfolio consisting of seven assets in France, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands
- Invesco Real Estate on the disposal of a portfolio of companies owning assets in United Kingdom, France, Germany and Spain and, separately, an asset in Belgium
Françoise is a member of the Urban Land Institute.
She often provides pro bono advice on real estate matters to Adie, a French organisation that helps people outside the financial mainstream to access credit and set up businesses.
Education and qualifications
Françoise studied law at the University of Aix-Marseille III and holds a diploma in international business law from the University of Aix-Marseille.
She speaks French and English.