"I am a corporate lawyer with a wide range of experience advising on complex corporate transactions. I combine my technical expertise with a commercial approach to deliver solutions-focused and pragmatic advice to help clients successfully achieve their strategic goals."
Education and qualifications
Jaap is a counsel in our corporate team based in Amsterdam.
He specialises in corporate law and M&A transactions with a focus on public M&A, private equity and complex corporate transactions. Jaap’s work includes public takeover bids, acting for bidders and targets. He also has a wide range of experience providing legal guidance on complex private M&A transactions and working with the transaction teams on local and cross-border transactions. Jaap has advised a range of financial investors and corporates on their private (auction) sales, acquisition processes and other corporate matters.
- The Dutch State: advising on the €3.4bn support package for KLM, and the acquisition of a strategic 14% shareholding interest in Air France-KLM.
- Gilde Equity Management: advising on its public takeover of Euronext Amsterdam listed DPA Group.
- DELA: advising on the acquisition of Yarden.
- Dutch listed Curetis: advising on its merger with OpGen Inc., a NASDAQ listed biotech company.
- RBS: advising on the statutory merger of Alawwal Bank and Saudi British Bank and the winding-up of the ABN AMRO takeover consortium.
- Various other public offers, such as advising Koninklijke VolkerWessels on the public offer by Reggeborgh Holding for the shares in Koninklijke VolkerWessels, advising Mediahuis on its public offer for the shares in Telegraaf Media Group, advising Recruit on its public offer for USG People, advising SAB Miller on its envisaged public offer for Heineken.
Jaap started his career at Linklaters in 2012 and was promoted to counsel in 2022.
In 2017, Jaap was seconded to the corporate/M&A team of Linklaters’ alliance firm Allens in Sydney (Australia).