Dr. Timon Grau
German Head of Employment, Düsseldorf
Timon specialises in economically and strategically relevant fields of employment law. Along with providing employment law advice on transactions, outsourcings, carve-outs and restructurings, Timon advises domestic and international clients from various sectors in particular on works constitution and collective bargaining law, on corporate co-determination as well as on board and management board matters and in connection with remuneration systems, occupational pensions and litigation. Furthermore, Timon is a highly experienced advisor in the fields of employee data protection, compliance, crisis management and internal investigations.
- a global automotive company: employment advice inter alia in connection with several divestitures, compliance matters and disciplinary issues.
- a financial services company: advising on the creation of a comprehensive agreement on IT and data security and data protection, including in connection with the use of various regulatory and compliance-related recording and monitoring tools, as well as on a project to harmonise working time, remuneration structures and pension systems.
- an insurance company: advising on the sale of a stake as well as on a complex outsourcing and employee transfers.
- a large media group: advising on a highly complex reorganisation of the group structure with several mergers.
- a shipyards group and its shareholder: advising on the bridge loan from the German government's Economic Stabilisation Fund (Wirtschaftsstabilisierungsfonds) to cover ongoing operating costs and the wages and salaries of employees at the shipyard locations.
- a state bank: advising on the restructuring and recapitalization.
- a telecommunications operator: advising on the spin-off of the German and European radio tower activities and the merger of the European division under a German holding company.
- a global construction and technology group: advising on legal compliance of the works council compensation system and the handling of compensation adjustments for works council members.
Legal directories like JUVE, Legal500 and Chambers as well as newspapers such as WirtschaftsWoche and Handelsblatt list Timon as one of the leading employment lawyers in Germany.
Timon regularly appears as speaker and author on strategic employment law and data protection matters. Timon is visiting lecturer for labour law at the Universities of Bayreuth and Siegen, Germany.