U.S. Counsel, New York
Education and qualifications
Will is a Counsel in the Global Energy and Infrastructure Group based in New York. He advises project sponsors, financial institutions and other project participants on the development and financing of domestic and cross-border energy, infrastructure, and oil and gas projects.
Will spent several years as an associate in Linklaters’ Hong Kong office and as a banking associate at a top-tier firm in Australia. He is also a member of Linklaters’ flagship technology platform, nakhoda, focused on building and delivering bespoke technological solutions for clients.
Will has advised clients on a variety of transactions, including:
- Elia Group SA/NV: advising on its acquisition, through Elia Group’s wholly-owned subsidiary WindGrid USA LLC, of a 35.1% stake in energyRe Giga Projects, a subsidiary of energyRe LLC, the proceeds of which will be used to fund renewable US transmission and energy generation projects.
- A European power company: advising on the proposed acquisition of a solar platform in the U.S.
- A global energy company: advising on the proposed acquisition of a solar platform in the U.S.
- An Asian investor: advising on the proposed acquisition of global solar platform with assets in the U.S., Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Santiago Solar and sponsors AME and EDF-EN: advising on the US$150m project financing for a 115MW solar plant in Chile, one of the largest solar plants in the country.
- The Sponsors: advising on the US$96.4m PMGD warehouse financing of the up-to-100MW portfolio of solar photovoltaic plants in Chile.
- Kalyon Enerji Yatirimlari AS and Kalyon Güneş Enerjisi Üretim A.Ş.: advising in respect of an ECA-backed project financing of a 1,350MW solar plant in Turkey, one of the largest single-site solar power projects in the world.
- A consortium: advising in connection with the ongoing development and financing of an offshore wind farm off the coast of Massachusetts.
- Various bidders: advising on the acquisition of offshore wind assets in the United States.
- The Lenders: advising on the US$110.8m project financing and subsequent expansion and US$209m refinancing of the 188.1MW Cabo Leones III onshore wind farm in Chile.
Work highlights continued
- Fluxys SA: advising Fluxys SA on its joint acquisition with EIG of GNL Quintero S.A., the largest liquified natural gas regasification terminal in Chile, from Enagas Chile SpA and OMERS Infrastructure.
- KEPCO, Samsung C&T Corporation and Techint: advising KEPCO, Samsung C&T Corporation and Techint on the development and project financing of a 433MW combined-cycle power plant in Mexico.
- China Development Bank: advising China Development Bank on its project financing of a 99MW wind power generation complex in Pakistan.
- ICTSI and VICT: advising ICTSI and VICT, on the AU$398m ECA-covered financing of the Webb Dock container terminal at the Port of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA): designing, building and delivering ISDA Create, a contract creation and negotiation product developed in partnership with ISDA.
In 2016, Will spent four months on secondment to COFCO Agri. In 2018/2019, he spent 14 months on secondment to ‘nakhoda’, Linklaters’ flagship technology platform.
Education and qualifications
Will received a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Law from the University of Melbourne, where he was an assistant editor at the Melbourne Journal of International Law.Will is qualified in New York and Queensland, Australia.