Education and qualifications
Caroline focuses her practice on M&A, banking, and capital markets transactions, advising clients of multiple industries. As a highlight, Caroline has a deep knowledge of the Life Sciences & Healthcare industry, such as specific regulations regarding pharmaceutical companies, medical devices, digital health, food & beverage, and agribusiness. Caroline holds a law degree (2016) and an LL.M. degree from University of Chicago Law School. In 2021 Caroline was mentioned by the Legal 500 (Legalese) publication as being a lawyer who provides astute commercial legal advice.
- Moolec Science Limited: advising on the signing of a business combination agreement with LightJump Acquisition Corp., which is expected to result in a newly formed holding company of the combined entity, Moolec Science SA.
- Marfrig Global Foods S.A.: advising in respect of a term loan for the purposes of refinancing an existing facility and in respect of a receivables financing transaction.
- A Japanese Bank: advising on deal contingent hedges relating to M&As transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors in Brazil.
- Rede D’Or São Luiz: advising on the BRL 900m acquisition of Santa Cruz Hospital and Paraná Clínicas, as well as on the BRL 385m subsequent sale of Paraná Clínicas to Sul América.
- Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A., a leader in the Latin American pharmaceutical market, on the partnership with the McQuade Center, a member of the global Otsuka Pharmaceutical, to co-develop a therapy with the potential to treat general anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Qualicorp, a top tier healthcare management entity in Brazil: advising on the BR 51m sale of QSaúde, a prominent health tech focused on the sale of healthcare plans, to José Seripieri.
Prior to joining the firm, Caroline worked as a Life Sciences & Healthcare associate at Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados. In 2018/2019, Caroline worked as an associate for one year at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Frankfurt/Germany (Tax & Legal Financial Services).
Caroline is currently a member of the American Bar Association – Health Law Section; and the New York State Bar Association – Brazilian Chapter.
Caroline writes on trend legal topics, and her publications include:
- “Legal Writing: what we learned in our first years as lawyers”, published by the New York State Bar Magazine – Perspective, 2021
- “Regulatory highlights: digital health in Brazil during Covid-19 outbreak”, published by the International Bar Association, 2020
- “Analysis of the American and Brazilian Healthcare Systems: How an International Emergency has Boosted Digital Health”, published by the American Bar Association - Health E-source, 2020
- “Direito Tributário. Olhar Crítico na estrutura tributária brasileira: capítulo - Imunidade Tributária e as Instituições de Assistência Social” (Tax Law. Critical Overview of the Brazilian Tax Structure: chapter - Tax Immunity Aimed at Social Care Institutions), published by Claris, 2016
Education and qualifications
Caroline graduated (LL.B.) from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC/SP) upon receiving an Honorable Mention Award for her performance. She holds an LL.M. degree from the University of Chicago Law School, and upon her LL.M. graduation, she received the 2018 Ann Watson Barber Outstanding Service Award for exceptional contributions to the quality of life at the Law School.
She is fluent in Portuguese and English and has understanding in German and Spanish.
Admitted to practice law in the State of New York, 2019.
Admitted to practice law in Brazil, 2016.