Janet M. Lee
Senior Counsel, Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits, New York
“I advise clients on all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefit matters, including equity compensation design and implementation, corporate transaction-related issues and public company disclosure and corporate governance considerations.”
Education and qualifications
Janet is Senior Counsel in Linklaters’ US Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits practice. She has over 20 years’ experience advising clients on all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefit matters. She advises both buyers and sellers on compensation and benefits matters arising from public and private company mergers and acquisitions. She advises public and private company clients on incentive program design, implementation and management, as well as public company disclosure and corporate governance considerations related to compensation arrangements.
Janet has assisted clients with structuring products and services for ERISA plan and individual retirement account investors and plan asset issues associated with the private investment funds formation practice. In addition, she advises lenders and borrowers on ERISA considerations in connection with financing agreements. Janet brings her extensive experience as in-house executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA counsel at a global financial services firm as well as the executive compensation and employee benefits practices of two other preeminent multinational law firms.
- Getir: advising on the acquisition of online grocery company FreshDirect Inc. from Ahold Delhaize USA.
- Executive compensation matters: designed and implemented incentive compensation plans, including equity compensation programs and deferred compensation plans; advised on and negotiated employment, consulting, retention and separation agreements.
- Public company representation: advised on disclosure, corporate governance, securities law, tax and accounting matters related to executive compensation and equity compensation arrangements.
- M&A/transactional matters: advised on the compensation and benefits aspects of public and private company merger transactions, divestitures and other strategic transactions.
- Private wealth and retail wealth management matters: advised on structuring products and services to qualified retirement plan and retirement account investors.