Senior U.S. Associate
Education and qualifications
Kris is a seasoned commercial attorney who focuses his practice on privacy, cybersecurity, marketing and technology matters as well as negotiating a wide range of commercial and corporate-related transactions.
With extensive experience acting for multinational companies, he has led a variety of commercial transactions dealing with e-commerce arrangements, SaaS and tech providers, and data licensing. He also has deep experience advising clients in the M&A context when deals involve IT assets, personal data, and emerging technologies
He has also worked with clients to develop compliance programs in line with U.S. and international law, including state privacy and marketing laws in California, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia, and Colorado; the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA); CAN-SPAM; the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA); and state auto-renewal laws. He counsels clients across several industries, including consumer products, technology and telecommunications, food and beverage, media and entertainment, retail, and agriculture.
Kris has advised clients on investigating and remediating ransomware attacks and other data security breaches, including supervising forensic investigators, determining what notification obligations apply, making notifications to regulators and impacted individuals, and handling follow-up inquiries from regulators.
- A large telecom infrastructure provider: advising on a 50-state data breach involving sensitive employee data.
- A financial services company: counseling on consent requirements for SMS/text message marketing, email marketing, and telephone marketing campaigns related to current and prospective clients.
- An advertising platform: advising in responding to alleged non-compliance with the CCPA.
- A mass media corporation: advising in its diligence and acquisition of several audio technology companies.
- A multinational consumer goods company: advising in developing a U.S. privacy compliance program for its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- A commercial real estate company: advising in the investigation and response to a multi-jurisdiction data breach involving ransomware.
- A range of U.S. and international companies: advising in developing internal protocols and external policies to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act and similar comprehensive state privacy laws in Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia.
- A media and entertainment company: advising in its efforts to comply with state auto-renewal laws.