Senior Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
Daniel is a senior associate in our Corporate/M&A practice.
Daniel advises private equity funds and other financial sponsors, as well as corporate and institutional clients, on corporate transactions, including auctions, mergers, stock and asset purchases, joint ventures, tender offers, consortium arrangements, co-investments, restructurings, spinoffs and carve-outs. He also advises on general securities and corporate governance matters.
Daniel’s practice extends across a variety of sectors, including healthcare, life sciences and pharmaceuticals; infrastructure; energy; TMT; and financial services.
Daniel has particular experience on complex cross-border and international transactions, and has previously worked in our London and São Paulo offices. He is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in New York and England and Wales.
Daniel’s experience includes advising:
- Funds managed by Montagu Private Equity LLP on their proposed acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company’s flexographic packaging business
- Whirlpool Corporation on the pending US$1.08bn sale of its Embraco compressor business to Nidec Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors
- Novartis on: (i) its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), including the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the combination of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business, (ii) the sale of its flu vaccines business to CSL for US$275m and (iii) its US$200m acquisition of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals
- Stadtwerke München and Bayerngas on their joint venture with Centrica to combine Bayerngas Norge’s and Centrica’s oil and gas exploration and production businesses in Denmark, The Netherlands, Norway and the UK
- ThyssenKrupp on the sale of its U.S. steel plant to ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp.
- Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C. in the US$3.2bn sale of MEGlobal, together with its joint venture partner Dow Chemical Company, to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C.
- Steinhoff on its acquisition of U.S. mattress retailer, Mattress Firm
- Citibank and its affiliates on the R$2.767bn (US$1.38bn) sale of Banco Citicard and Citifinancial Promotora de Negócios e Cobrança to Itaú Unibanco Holding
- China Construction Bank on the R$1.62bn (US$716m) acquisition of a 72% stake in Brazilian bank, Banco Industrial e Comercial
- Repsol on the US$6.653bn sale to Royal Dutch Shell of its liquefied natural gas (LNG) assets
Daniel is a member of the American Bar Association and its Business Law, International Law, and Science and Technology Law Sections.
Daniel also advises our not-for-profit clients, on a pro bono basis, on corporate governance matters, including on the New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act.
Daniel is a member of Linklaters’ Practice Innovation and Efficiency Team, with a particular focus on the application of artificial intelligence in legal services delivery.
Education and qualifications
Daniel holds law degrees in both the UK and the U.S.:
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2011 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Parker School Certificate of Achievement for International and Comparative Study; Online Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law)
- University College London, LL.B., 2011 (with honors)