Corporate Partner, London
"I advise leading financial sponsors on their most important corporate transactions across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on complex and cross-border transactions"
Education and qualifications
Daniel is a partner in our Corporate/M&A group.
Daniel advises private equity funds and other financial sponsors on a range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, minority and growth capital investments, joint ventures, co-investments, carve-outs and club deals. His experience spans a number of asset classes, including private equity, real assets, infrastructure and energy.
Daniel has particular experience on cross-border and international transactions, including bridging the gap between U.S. and European market practice and leveraging Linklaters’ global offering. He has worked in our New York, London and São Paulo offices, and is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in New York and in England and Wales.
Daniel also advises sponsors on the management of their existing portfolio companies (including on equity financings, liquidity events and add-on transactions), and their in-house legal teams on risks and opportunities facing the sector generally.
Daniel’s recent experience includes advising:
- Carlyle and PAI Partners on their acquisition of Theramex from CVC and other shareholders
- Montagu Private Equity:
- on its acquisitions of Informa’s (i) Maritime Intelligence business and (ii) financial intelligence provider EPFR
- on its acquisition of Waystone, and the related investment by Hg
- on its acquisition of Miraclon, the flexographic printing division of Kodak
- on its sale of A-Plan to Howden
- on its investment in Howden
- on its sale of Wildstone to Antin
- on its joint venture with Liberty Global, AtlasEdge, to establish a European edge data centre platform
- on the establishment of Vantage Europe, a hyperscale data centre platform, and the related acquisition of Next Generation Data
- InfraVia Capital Partners on its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) joint venture with Liberty Global and Telefónica
Daniel is a dual-qualified lawyer, admitted to practice in New York and England and Wales. He has worked in our London, New York and São Paulo offices, with a particular focus on representing financial sponsors on cross-border transactions.
From 2018 to 2019, Daniel completed a client secondment as Senior Counsel in the Global Legal Investments team at The Carlyle Group in New York, supporting deal teams on domestic and international transactions and on the management of existing portfolio companies.
Education and qualifications
Daniel holds a Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Parker School Certificate of Achievement for International and Comparative Study; Online Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law).
He also holds a law degree (LL.B.) from University College London.