In addition to our sponsor practice, we also have a strong and diverse investor practice. We are experienced in the commercial, tax, regulatory and logistical concerns that need to be married when investing.
We have acted for a diverse cross-section of investors across the range of their private funds activities. We represent major Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, development finance institutions and more than 20 Canadian, Australian and Dutch pension funds. As a result, we are experts in everything from a lengthy cornerstone investor negotiation to an individual, bespoke investment management arrangement.
By acting for a wide range of investors we gain exposure to the broader market and the latest approach to fund terms. Acting on both sides of the table gives us a deep understanding of the drivers that influence sponsors and investors and provides us with a rounded perspective of the market. This allows us to anticipate all aspects involved in the life-cycle of a fund and offer advice accordingly.
- A large sovereign wealth fund: advising on their investments into Nordic IX, Mid Europa V, Apax X and BC European Capital X.
- British Business Bank (the UK government’s economic development bank): advising on its investments in more than 20 venture capital and growth funds.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship US private equity funds: Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, Vista Equity Partners Fund VII, WCAS XIII, Littlejohn Fund VI, Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners IX, TA XIII, Thoma Bravo Fund XII totalling investments over US$2bn.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship European private equity funds: EQT IX, CVC VIII, Cinven VII, Permira and Investindustrial VII totalling investment over EUR3bn.
- PSP Investments, AIMCo and OTPP: advising three of Canada's largest pension investment managers, on their recent investments in European buy-out and credit funds.