Real Estate Investment
Our global real estate lawyers are experts in multi-jurisdictional investment programmes, including buying and selling investment properties, establishing investment vehicles, such as real estate funds, joint ventures, partnerships and limited partnerships and cross-border investment advice and structuring. Advice on the associated finance and tax aspects of real estate investment is a vital element of the team’s expertise.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Economist Group in respect of the sale of its 1960s grade II listed complex in St James
- Fosun on the acquisition of Thomas More Square estate through a joint venture with Resolution Property.
- Invesco Real Estate on the purchase of the Canal+ headquarters in the western Paris suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt on behalf of an Asian fund
- Valad and Cromwell on the establishment of the very first RAIF (Reserved Alternative Investment Fund) under the form of a SCSp investing in real estate assets in EEA
- An international investor, as purchaser, on the bidding process in relation to 144 hotels valued at approx. €1bn.
- W. P. Carey on the sale and leaseback of a cold storage facility belonging to De Weide Blik NV and leased to Univeg Logistics, a subsidiary of Greenyard Foods NV
- a Chinese investor on its equity investment in Berliner Potsdamer Platz Quartier (formerly Daimler Quartier)
- Triuva on the sale of a pan-European portfolio consisting of 30 properties in six jurisdictions to Ares Management